Roles are specializations assigned to characters which provide resource gathering assistance when you 'hang out' with them. A role can be selected for a character after the player levels up their friendship for the first time.
You can change a character's role by crafting Training Manuals and gifting them to the various characters.
- Digger: Your companion can find more items when digging.
- Gardening: Your companion can find more crops when harvesting.
- Fishing: Your companion can find more fish when fishing.
- Foraging: Your companion can find more items when harvesting wild crops and fruits.
- Mining: Your companion can find more minerals when mining.
Hanging out with a Villager with a role has a chance to provide extra resources. Assigning additional Villagers to a role will increase the bonus resource chance for all characters with that role.
The bonus chance of a resource when gathering while hanging out with a Villager with the matching role is:
Bonus Chance = Base Chance + Active Friend Level + Inactive Friend Level
- Base Chance: 20% for Gardening, and 25% for all other roles.
- Active Friend Level: 3.5% per friendship level of the Villager hanging out, up to 35% at level 10 friendship
- Inactive Friend Level: 1% per friendship level of all friends not hanging out, up to 10% each friend at level 10 friendship
This means bonus resources will be generated 100% of the time while hanging out if there are 5 Villagers assigned that same role (6 if the role is Gardening).
Roles do not impact the number of items yielded from removing spawning items. For example, Hanging Out with a Mining Companion will not yield more than the standard number of Stones when clearing Small Rocks.
|Digging Training Manual||
|Fishing Training Manual||
|Foraging Training Manual||
|Mining Training Manual||
|Gardening Training Manual||