|Released:||2023 July 19|
Summer is finally here – and so is new content for Disney Dreamlight Valley! Expect plenty of sweet surprises out of our DreamSnaps Feature Update, from a new Villager to new ways to earn Moonstones and other prizes. 
Your Valley Levels Up
Teased in our Roadmaps earlier this year, a new Villager races into the Valley in this update – Vanellope! While she brings her candy-sweet cuteness to the Valley, she also has her own opinions on how the Valley could ‘level up’! Join her in a series of game-inspired quests, from Extreme Valley Design to LARPing. She’ll also help you get your Valley looking picture perfect for… DreamSnaps!
Your camera is about to get an upgrade! In helping Vanellope rejoin the Valley, you’ll harness the power of a new magic in the Valley – Pixel Dust! Once you’ve collected enough to welcome Vanellope, you’ll also unlock DreamSnaps – a fun new competitive game mode where you can unleash your creativity each week in a variety of ever-changing challenges. Every week, DreamSnaps will feature a new theme that you have to either dress or decorate for.
Our team is incredibly excited to bring this feature to our Early Access players, and will continue to explore Quality of Life improvements in future updates. We’ll be closely monitoring player feedback to help inform the future of this feature, so let us know what you think on our social channels!
How DreamSnaps Works
Every Wednesday at 1PM UTC, a new challenge will await you in the Event tab of the Menu. You’ll find a brief description of the challenge theme, and whether you need to use Furniture or Clothing to complete it. Take note of the mandatory and suggested item tags – these will be important factors to keep in mind for your final challenge score! Your final challenge score will determine the Pixel Dust amount you receive – which will in-turn help you level up on the DreamSnaps level track – unlocking a variety of rewards, including clothing, furniture, and even Moonstones.
In addition to checking on the active challenge requirements in the Menu, you can also find them while in Photo Mode where you’ll be doing the challenge’s heavy lifting. If your photo does not meet the requirements for that week’s challenge, you will be unable to submit it. Additionally, players will not be able to feature Touch of Magic Clothing or Furniture at this time in their DreamSnaps images. Further, snapping photos near Touch of Magic items you’ve created (even while obscured) will not allow you to submit your image, so make sure to frame your images without any in-frame. Stay tuned to our Trello board for fixes for this in the future.
Not sure what items count towards a challenge? In Furniture and Wardrobe mode, you can use the ‘Filters’ button to sort your inventory by tags. You can also use the new DreamSnaps toggle to sort the most relevant items for a given challenge to the top of your inventory, provided you have ones that are applicable. Missing items for a specific week’s challenge? Don’t forget to talk to Scrooge McDuck to browse his furniture catalogue using item filters. He’d be happy to help contribute his stock to your DreamSnap design – for a few Star Coins, of course.
Once you’ve created the perfect design, be it with Clothing or Furniture depending on the week’s theme, head into Photo Mode. Once you’ve snapped a photo, you’ll see a new option to submit your design. If it fits all the requirements for the theme, your image will successfully be submitted. You can always view your submission in the Event tab of the Menu!
Changed your mind? You can update your submission by taking a new photo and resubmitting it. Keep in mind that any new submissions will overwrite previously submitted images.
It's Time to Vote!
It doesn’t stop there! The week following each challenge brings a new theme, but also a week-long voting period for the previous challenge, during which you can jump back into the competition and vote on your favorite designs from fellow Valley Villagers! Just visit the Event tab in the Menu, and press the ‘Vote Now’ button. You can earn an additional 50 Moonstones per challenge by voting, so don’t forget to participate each week!
Lastly, it wouldn’t be a competition without prizes! Every participant in a DreamSnaps challenge will earn a minimum of 300 Moonstones and a randomized selection of furniture or clothing items – depending on the week’s challenge type – from Scrooge’s Store*. The better your design performs in a challenge (taking into account both how many items matched that week’s theme and your garnered votes) translates to more Moonstones earned. There are a variety of different prize tiers, with the top five designers bringing home upwards of 5,500 or more Moonstones that week! Moonstones earned can be used to unlock progress in Star Paths or purchase optional cosmetic items from the in-game Premium Shop.
Keep an eye on your in-game mailbox the Wednesday after a challenge’s voting period to see how well you did in the challenge**, and to claim your Pixel Dust, Moonstones, and other rewards!
- At this time, both challenge types will grant players randomized clothing items. This will be resolved in a future update.
- Please note that there is no publicly visible leaderboard. PlayStation users will only be able to participate in DreamSnaps challenges with other PlayStation users.
Community Based Changes
While this update focuses on welcoming DreamSnaps and Vanellope to the Valley, we also wanted to take a second to recognize some changes to Disney Dreamlight Valley brought on by you, our players!
- Tired of seeing the same L-Shaped couch? Scrooge has taken a look at his stock and will now feature less repeats day-to-day.
- While we saw many fans excited about the blue chest upgrade in the “A Festival of Friendship” update, we wanted to introduce more ways for fans to earn Moonstones in-game, for free. Through participation in DreamSnaps, fans can earn an additional 350 (or more!) Moonstones per week, with rewards increasing depending on their standing in each week’s challenge.
- Valley Villagers can now zoom around the Valley longer with energy drain caused by hovering reduced by ~80%.
New Content and Improvements
- Flex your creativity and compete in weekly, community-wide photo challenges with DreamSnaps! Each week, earn a variety of prizes for participating, including Moonstones, furniture, and clothing items!
- *** Please note: Touch of Magic Clothing and Furniture are not compatible with DreamSnaps and cannot be included in submissions in order to keep the feature a fun environment for all players.
- Vanellope loads into the Valley, bringing with her some sweet new Friendship Quests and items to earn!
- Keep up with Vanellope with more efficient hovering. The energy drain when hovering has been reduced by ~80%, giving you more bang for your energy buck!
- The video capture feature built into the Nintendo Switch hardware has been disabled, helping reduce the frequency of crash rates. The dev team is continuing to closely monitor this topic as they consider further changes to improve performance.
- *** Please note: Video capture via capture card and screenshot capture on Switch are unaffected and will continue to function as expected.
- General stability has been improved on Nintendo Switch. We continue to explore further means of optimization for future updates.
- The inventory of Scrooge McDuck’s Store has received a slight rebalance to reduce the chance of duplicates appearing. This is a small, preliminary tweak as we investigate this topic further and look into changes that could be made for future updates.
Changes listed below in italics are unofficial and not part of the release notes
- DreamSnaps feature added, with regular events
- The Haunting of Dreamlight Valley
- Faith, Trust, and Pixel Dust
- Extreme Biome Makeover
- Ready Player Fun
- Boss Up
- Fungeons and Dragons
- Bountiful Croc (Premium Companion, 2,000)
- DreamSnaps Trophy
- Sugar Rush Arcade Cabinet
- Summer Gingham Picnic Set
- Summer Picnic Table
- Vanellope's Sugar Rush Racer
- Island-Inspired Ensemble ( 1,750)
- Cardboard Cyclops Monster Panel
- Cardboard Door Panel
- Cardboard Dragon Panel
- Cardboard Fire Monster Panel
- Cardboard Ogre Panel
- Cardboard Scary Monster Panel
- Candy Cane Sprout
- Candy Cane Seeds
- Chockany's Monster Bestiary
- Coconut Boba Tea Recipe
- Crooked Purple Candy Tree
- Crooked Red Candy Tree
- DreamSnaps Outfit Reward
- Electronic Chip
- Fungeon Key
- Giant Flower Lollipop
- Giant Spiral Lollipop
- Mint Boba Tea Recipe
- Pixel Sword & Shield
- Raspberry Boba Tea Recipe
- Scar Lure
- Spare Batteries
- Straight Purple Candy Tree
- Straight Red Candy Tree
- Sugar Kart Seat
- Sugar Rush Seat Fudge
- Sugar Kart Tail
- Sugar Rush Tail Fudge
- Sugar Kart Wheel
- Sugar Rush Wheel Fudge
- Super Sticky Frosting
- Vanellope's Adventure Chest
- Bermuda Merlin (Premium Character Dream Style, 2,500)
- Beach House (Premium Dream Style, 3,000)
- DreamSnaps added to Game Guide in Setting menu; layout changed
- Some players are encountering "Error #201" which prevents them from loading into the game
- Many wall items on the quad display in Scrooge's Store now lie flat on the ground
- "Mine 4 Rock Spots in <<Biome>>" rotating Dreamlight Duties often register as complete prematurely
- Cannot purchase additional Ground Fountain Tile items from Scrooge's Catalog
Top Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue which caused the game to hang at the initial loading screen for some Xbox players.
- Fixed an issue which caused certain bordered paths to display with flipped borders when placed.
- Fixed an issue in which certain item visuals and names did not match in Scrooge McDuck’s Store.
- Fixed an issue in which players were unable to hang out with Fairy Godmother.
- "The Remembered” quest: Fixed an issue in which players were unable to find The Forgotten after experiencing a game crash.
- “Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Oops" quest: Fixed an issue which prevented players from giving the gathered materials to Fairy Godmother.
- “Hakuna Matata” quest: Fixed an issue that caused the Relaxing Oasis to disappear.
- “Sprouting a Story” quest: Fixed an issue which prevented progression in this quest if the Story Book was given to WALL·E in the Dazzle Beach or Glade of Trust biomes.
- “An Important Night at the Restaurant” quest: Fixed an issue which prevented the player from interacting with the Service Hatch.
- Fixed an issue in which Switch players would occasionally encounter a soft lock when attempting to exit Edit Mode after editing their Valley for an extended period of time.
- Fixed an issue in which Rapunzel's Summer Sundrop Gown and the Swan-Feather Pearl Necklace would appear in the Touch of Magic tool. Please note, any custom designs made using these two items will be removed.
- Fixed an issue on PlayStation 4 in which the design print of certain t-shirts would transfer to newly-equipped t-shirts.
- Fixed an issue in which players were unable to track Quests from the Menu.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the player from changing their Avatar’s pose in Photo Mode when welcoming a new character to the Valley.
- Fixed an issue in which the wrong input is displayed on-screen during the fishing minigame.
- Fixed a rare game freeze that would occur on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 when signing out of PSN.
- Various localization fixes.
- Various visual and sound fixes.
- Various additional bug fixes, optimizations and performance stability improvements.
- 2023 May 31 - Updated 2023 Content Roadmap released
- 2023 July 10 - Update name and DreamSnaps feature announced
- 2023 July 11 - DreamSnaps Q&A
- 2023 July 13 - Key art released
- 2023 July 17 - Update Patch Notes released and release date announced
- 2023 July 18 - DreamSnaps Update Trailer released
|Major Update • Hotfix|
|1.0 • 1.0.5 • 1.1 • 1.1.2 • 1.1.3 • 1.2 • 1.2.2 • 1.2.3 • 1.3 • 1.3.1 • 1.4 • 1.5 • 1.6 • 1.6.1 • 1.7 • 1.7.2 • 1.7.4 • 1.8|
|A Rift In Time (Act 1)|